Free Downloadable Tracts:
About the Church of Christ
- Baptizing in water “for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38).
- Teaching sinners are not saved by “works” of merit (Eph 2:8-9), but rather by “works” of humble obedience (Lk 17:10; Mt 7:21; Ja 2:24).
- “Breaking the bread” on the “first day of the week” every week (Acts 20:7).
- Using one single loaf of unleavened bread as a symbol of the Lord’s one body (1 Cor 10:16-17).
- Using one single cup as a symbol of the Lord’s one new covenant He made with His people (1 Cor 11:25; Lk 22:20).
- Using unfermented (unleavened) grape juice as a symbol of His shed blood (Mt 26:27-28).
- Singing without the use of instrumental music (Eph 5:19).
- Insisting that women “remain silent in the assemblies” of the church (1 Cor 14:34-35).
- Teaching that Christian women should “be covered with long hair” (uncut hair) and that it is dishonorable for men to “have long hair” (1 Cor 11:2-16).
- Teaching the authority of the Old Testament scriptures was “nailed to the cross” (Col 2:14) and the Lord’s New Testament scriptures became authoritative after His death (Heb 9:16-17).
- Teaching the Lord died for His church (Acts 20:28) and, therefore, membership in that church is required for salvation (Eph 5:23; Acts 2:41, 47).
- Teaching the Lord died for and is the head of only one church – His church (Eph 1:22-23; 4:4; Jn 10:16).
- Teaching that religious division is sinful (Rom 16:17-18) and that unity is possible only when men and women humbly submit themselves to the commands of the Lord (1 Jn 2:3-5).